Saturday, June 26, 2010

New York web designer develops nuclear reactor at home

A New York web designer for fashion house Gucci made the eye balls roll when he revealed that he has developed a nuclear reactor in a Brooklyn warehouse.

Mark Suppes, a 32-year-old amateur physicist with a passion for sustainable energy, made the 40,000-dollar fusion reactor in his leisure time.

"I was inspired because I believed I was looking at a technology that could actually work to solve our energy problems, and I believed it was something that I could at least begin to build," News.com.au quoted Suppes as telling the BBC.

He is the 38th independent physicist across the world to accomplish nuclear fusion from a self-built reactor.

Fusion reactors are perfectly legal in the US and pose no radioactive threat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails